Welcome back to the new Limit Up! Listen in to get this week’s MARKet Reaction with our very own Mark Meadows, hear Danny Hodgman and John Hoagland talk about the Market Profile charting technique, and stick around for Trader Therapy with Jack Pelzer.
Don’t forget, we want to hear from you! We’re rolling out a new call-in line for listeners of the show, so be sure to give us a call at 855-902-0331 and let us know what’s on your mind.
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to Limit up! in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
- [01:01] - This week
- [02:24] - MARKet Reaction with Mark Meadows
- [04:12] - A look at Market Profile with Topstep’s Danny & Hoag
- [04:55] - Hoag’s favorite way to look at the market
- [08:21] - What makes Market Profile different than looking at the usual charts
- [09:48] - How Market Profile shows time spent at a given price
- [13:56] - What to do for the overnight session
- [16:37] - What about Volume Profile?
- [18:19] - Everybody’s got a system; what works for you may not for me and that’s ok!
- [21:19] - Hoag's history w/ MP - introduced to it by his dad in 8th grade
- [21:48] - Tim Dalton's Mind Over Markets (auction Process)
- [22:34] - Why markets today aren’t all that different from when early traders were bartering with pelts in caves
- [23:25] - the importance of geography in the trading pits
- [25:18] - The ultimate edge: consistency in your decision-making process
- [27:40] - Strangles and straddles
- [30:06] - It's all an auction process
- [30:32] - Trader Therapy with Jack Pelzer
Episode produced by Dante32.